Thursday, February 18, 2010

trying to keep it cool

 my face flared up over CNY so yea, i had to wear my
wayfarers everywhere. The good thing was that it matched
my mandarin collared top and yes... my iPhone (hee hee!).
So there i was, sitting in church with my shades on. And
i learnt how hostile it can be just by wearing shades. Pple
can't see your eyes so they sort of not dare to make contact.
Very few friends came up to say hi... which puzzled me
quite a bit at the start.

thankfully the swelling reduced as day#1 of CNY passed.
But angry red splotches still plagued my arms, neck & face...

i was so exhausted by the end of the day. Mentally, physically...
I itch quite badly after a whole day out and it's no fun when
i get home. It's hard to refrain from scratching. Then the pain
comes in the shower. It's quite traumatic.

This whole allergic reaction thing is very frustrating.
My already bad eczema got even worse... The pain from water
or cream or medication on my skin bends me over, wincing.
I wish my mind out of my body and it helps to bear it. I was
just telling ma now i know how illness can drive some people
to kill themselves. It's such a release from the pain and suffering.
The mind is so powerful, it can bring you to both extremes.
And i have to guard my mind, my heart and go through it in
His strength. It's so crazy... Sometimes i feel i'm so used to all
this pain and itchiness and the whole routine of creams and
medications that i feel it hard to pray for healing.

i'm going to see a chinese sin seh next week. My uncle who
suffered the same stuff went there and recovered from it so i'm
hoping it'll do the same for me.

I hate being on steriods...My bag is like a first aid kit. Pills and
creams, oils and what not-s. i covet your prayers...

No comments: