Tuesday, July 27, 2010



 that is the measure of the gap that is preventing my mum from eating normal
food... just 2mm. How precise can it get. Being able to drink, to taste, to swallow
is most times taken for granted. I really feel for mummy... eating in front of her
makes me feel really bad. Especially when the food is soooo good. I can't
exclaim it. I miss eating with her. I miss taking her out for meals at my fav
places. I miss sharing food with her. She now has a tube attached where the
'food' goes right down to her tummy. I sometimes secretly let her lick my spoon
to excite the taste buds. Pray for her k... that she'll recover soon.

1 comment:

cherbie said...

hey babe. i totally know what you mean re: being able to swallow and eat is kind of an underrated privilege! is your mom doing exercises to help with muscle strengthening? i am praying for healing for you mom. specifically re: swallowing, speech, and general healing of the wounds. and definitely for strength for your dad and all you girls to help each other through this time.
xoxo
cheryl