Thursday, July 1, 2010

inching...

i'm back at work, physically. And it's been good so far. Today is day #2.
I do still itch but i feel like i can get a better grip on it. I can't wait for full
healing to happen. THen i can wear my skinnies!!! I've been forced to wear
loose fitting pants and the tops that i have that go with them are pretty limited.
And they have cramped my style :( I can't wait for full healing to happen
also so i can hang out without hindrances. I'm excited. God will bring healing.
He is the Great Healer. Pray for my wrists... i think all the scratching and
smacking and reaching for impossible spots on my back have put a huge strain
on them. So now they hurt pretty bad. I can't lift heavy stuff... they hurt much
if they are at a certain angle... i can't use them to lift myself off the floor...

Mum is doing well. Mobility wise she's almost back to normal. Walking and
climbing stairs. The other day my aunt brought her a pair of shoes. Mum stuffed
her feet into them and jumped off the bed. SHe's funny :) She's still being
tube-fed cos the valve in her windpipe isn't working well. It doesn't close when
she swallows. So it's pretty dangerous cos the food could travel to her lungs.
She still speaks in a whisper but the speech therapist said she managed to project
her voice thrice during a session which speaks improvement. Her dots are
connecting better cognitively so that is great too. She'll be at the rehab place
till end july. END JULY?!?! yea... so long... i want my mummy back. I want
her at home. I want to have breakfast with her again. Chat with her over food.
I miss her being home.

No comments: