Saturday, December 11, 2010

i hope you'll know...

just a few moments ago, someone said something that
sent me back to a deep dark hole i had forgotten about.
I had struggled out of it, and had hoped to put it behind me.
But those piercing words smeared the filth from the hole
across my face.

its pull was strong. in that hole, i was inferior. I was insecure.
in that hole, i felt left out, that i will not match up. the tears
almost came but i refused to succumb. I've come so far.
I've killed all those demons. It wasn't too long ago that i
stabbed the last blood sucking vamp in the heart with a
stake. I will not allow them to resurrect.

i know where i stand now. i must not forget the victories.
i hope you do not mouth them again, cos i might start
wishing you away. And i don't think i want to feel that way.
i hope you'll know.

No comments: