Friday, December 3, 2010

a reminder
















you know, it wasn't too long ago that i was so sick, i
couldn't leave the house. I met up with someone yesterday.
She was one who helped me when i was ill. She poured
expensive oils on me, massaged them into my broken and
sick skin. Not once, but many times, for free. And with
tonnes of love. Upon seeing how well i've healed, she
threw her arms up in the air, praising God for His mercy
and healing upon me. Then she cried tears of joy. It was
only then did i realise the full extent of my illness.

I was just chatting with my sister last night, telling her how
surprise i was at how i looked in pictures taken when i was
ill. I looked like a burn victim, but i didn't feel as bad as i
looked. I really thank God for that. Cos if i was affected by
the way i looked, it would have dented my spirit much more.
It was such a journey... One that i will never forget. The other
day walking home, i suddenly recalled those days of slathering
honey over my skin in place of soap. It hurt like hell. The
frustration and discomfort didn't help. Upon the recollection
i teared... Fear gripped me... But it will not take hold of me.
It will not hold me ransom.

these was taken when my illness was
at its worst. I lost so much weight
although i was eating a lot. I guess
the state of my skin doesn't need
further explanation. I thought i would
post this so that those who wondered
where i disappeared to during those
months would know that it was
impossible to meet with them. (Not that i
want to prove anything.) And that
everyone would see God's grace and 
mercy and miracle when they see me now.

No comments: