Sunday, November 14, 2010

counting my blessings

you know, watching Renovaid on Channel 5 is quite
a wake-up call to really count my blessings. This 18 yr
old girl gave up her studies and got a job to support
her siblings. Her home is a dilapidated 3 room flat with
only one bed. When asked who amoung the 7 pple in
the house gets to sleep on it, she said, "First come, first
served."

Then i look at my life... i've never been in want. I've got
my own bed. I've got the means to watch a movie and
shop now and then. I've got a job... The place i call home,
although i don't have my own 'space', it's clean and things
function. And it's pretty too :) so hey, what's there to
complain about... what more could i ask for...

A friend shared her testimony in church today. She
said, "....Looking at friends travel whenever and
wherever they wanted, and i couldn't. Buying what they
wanted, and i couldn't. Then God spoke to me through
a verse. That He will supply all my need according to His
riches in glory by Christ Jesus. He is Jehovah Jireh. My
Provider. " (loosely quoted) I was so blessed by her
testimony. Indeed, He is Jehovah Jireh... What an assurance,
what blessedness...

1 comment:

stArrs said...

;) this song has been on replay since sunday now.. ive been playing it on my guitar too :)