Friday, January 29, 2010

minus one, once again...

I remember an occasion when i really, really wanted
to get home. I was super homesick. The very thought
of going home sent currents of joy & excitement through
my veins. Home, where my family is, where friends are...
Home was where i would be safe. Where pple i could
count on were.

When the lights of home came into view, such relief
overwhelmed me. If i could run, i would have. Then
i arrived. I was home. At that moment, i wondered
why i ever left it.

The other day at my granddad's funeral wake, a question
was posed. If heaven is our final destination, our final
home, why are we so afraid of death? Why should
death scare us? Our loved ones who have passed on
have simply gone before us. They took an earlier flight.

Sitting in the second row with my cousins, i looked
at the picture of granddad (aka Ye Ye) on the table at
the foot of the coffin. And the words of a song played
in my head. "In the sweet by and by, we shall meet
on that beautiful shore."



"In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were 
not so, would I have told you that

 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again 
and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be 
also. And you know the way to where I am going.

 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you
are going. How can we know the way?

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and 
 the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:2-6

No comments: