Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fires of Revival


I came into the gathering of the people of the Lord

And found my way among them to His Throne

I needed to return unto the altar of my God

To renew again my covenant with Him


And there I built an altar to His Name

And realise that my life would never be the same

And then the fires of revival came sweeping

through my soul

And I touch the Holy Presence of my God


Come build an altar unto the Lord

Return to worship and hear His Word

And then the fires of revival will come sweeping

through your soul

And we’ll touch the Holy Presence of our God


I wanted to discover the first love we once had shared

Rekindling the fire deep within

I found the lamp still flickering in the temple of my Lord

And pour a horn of oil unto the flame

No comments: